WELCOME to our member led organisation working to help gifted children and their carers and educators - and we want you to join us!.
Renew/Extend your Membership!
If you are already an online member (or an expired online member) you can extend or renew your membership easily. Simply login using your existing username and password and then click through to MyNSWAGTC | My Profile. Once there click on the Membership/Subscriptions tab and you will find a Renew button - and probably an Upgrade button if you want to add to your membership.
Become a Member!
If you are not already a member, we want you. Members are the foundation of the volunteer run, not-for-profit NSWAGTC. As a member you:
- Know you are working for a better future for gifted children in Australia
- Receive our quarterly journal Gifted (now also available online in the members only area)
- Are welcome to participate in the members only local and online Support Groups
- Have access to all the members only articles on this site
- Can participate in the full range of members only specific forums on this site
- Receive discounts on NSWAGTC events and resource sales
- Can interact with other members on this site
To join right now, all you need to do is go to our Registration page to start the easy and secure process. Simple!
- If you have already paid for your current membership offline (eg direct to our office), that is no problem (indeed, thanks for doing so). Simply follow the same process above and you will be see a payment option where you can say you have "already paid". Our administration team will then confirm this with our offline records and activate your online membership.
- If you have already registered as a user on this site in the past, then you will probably find that your user record has been removed. This is to ensure that the one simple registration process applies to all - and avoids problems such as when a person tries to register a previously registered email address. (But if you should find yourself with an existing user registration on the site, then please login and you should then see the option to upgrade your Guest status to that of Member.)
For instanteous access to the members only material use your Mastercard, Visa or Paypal account (all using the secure Paypal server). We also offer payment by direct credit and (though we do not like it much) cheque. Cheques should be sent to PO Box 74, Croydon NSW 2132.
As a Guest you can:
- Keep up-to-date with the latest events, workshops and other happenings via our periodic NSWAGTC Community Update eNewsletter
- Comment on articles on the site
- Participate in the limited General Welcome forum
- Book online for NSWAGTC events
- Purchase NSWAGTC resources online
- Easily upgrade later to become a Member!
Your (Anonymous) Online Identity
Our registration process understands you will probably want (and should want) to keep your online identity anonymous and under your control. Who knows how a future search result that identifies you or your child may be used. Only items of information marked with an asterisk will be made visible to other than administration team members. The only such item at present (and it is required) is your online username which is used by you to login and also to identify you and your contributions online. It needs to be unique. Choose something anonymous if you wish to protect your and your children's identity. (Hint - choosing your first name is not a great idea!)
Want to provide feedback or ask a question?
Naturally one of the reasons you came to this site is that you might want to make contact with others facing similar situations. That is just what our members forum is for. So become a member following the steps above and post away on whichever forum covers your interest area best. Become part of the answer rather than just the question.
Looking for some more information?
Below you will find particular instructions that might apply to you. They are listed under the type of situation you might be in - simply pick the one that is relevant:
I WAS A PAST MEMBER OF THE NSWAGTC BUT HAVE NOT RENEWED ONLINE:
- Great. Then you need to know that the normal renewal process has been moved on-line to both reduce our costs and to link your membership with some great online benefits - you can read about them in the article above.
- Simply go to the Registration page and complete your registration as a Member and make your payment - this will give you 12 months membership from today.
I AM (OR WAS) AN ONLINE MEMBER OF THE NSWAGTC AND WANT TO EXTEND OR RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP:
- Great, you do not need to register or enter your details again.
- Simply login using your existing username and password and then click through to MyNSWAGTC | My Profile.
- Once there click on the Membership/Subscriptions tab and you will find a Renew button - and probably an Upgrade button if you want to add to your membership.
I AM A COMPLIMENTARY OR LIFE MEMBER OF THE NSWAGTC:
- Great. If you have received a membership renewal reminder, this is simply to ensure that you are still interested and that our contact details for you are still up-to-date.
- Simply follow the instructions immediately above for those online members who want to extend or renew their online membeships and select Already Paid as your payment option - this will prompt our volunteer Administration team to manually confirm your complimentary member status.
I AM A SCHOOL, LIBRARY OR OTHER ORGANISATIONAL MEMBER OF THE NSWAGTC:
- Great. To give you extra online benefits and reduce our costs we need you to provide your details to our online membership system. Thank you for your help in doing this.
- The process is exactly the same as for non-organisational members described above, except that you will wish to enter information in the optional Organisation field. The person who enters your details will act as your representative/contact and will be able to login later and edit the details as they change.
- From our viewpoint we prefer online payments by credit card via our secure Paypal account, but we also offer payment by direct credit and, if necessary, by cheque. An electronic taxable invoice/receipt is available in your Profile Membership/Subscriptions tab when you are logged in..
- If you want additional copies of Gifted, you will be given the option of adding additional subscriptions as part of your Profile once you are logged in.
Any problems with joining/renewing online?
Thanks for your help!
- Useful links for non NSWAGTC Events
- Gifted with Learning Disabilities or Differences
- Seemed gifted when younger, but has lost interest lately…
- October 2012 Newsletter
- New Zealand pulls out of hosting World Gifted Conference in 2013
- Upcoming Events for Parents and Teachers
- 2012 Financial Statement
- Teachers Wanted
Did you know?
was just great! Thankyou for organising it. These sessions are definitely
fuelling my curiosity and increasing my knowledge on G&T.” An attendee at a NSWAGTC seminar