· general intelligence
· specific academic areas
· visual and performing arts
· psychomotor ability
· creative thinking
· interpersonal and intrapersonal skills.
Appropriate intervention by the family, community, schools and children's services can help a gifted child or student to reach full potential."
The policy includes the following statements:
1. Gifted individuals are provided with opportunities to realise their potential
2. Gifted individuals are identified as early as possible
3. Gifted individuals have equality of educational opportunities
4. Gifted individuals have appropriate and ongoing educational opportunities
5. Gifted individuals have a differentiated educational curriculum
6. Gifted individuals interact with an appropriate peer group
7. Accelerative measures and flexible entry into all levels of education are available to gifted individuals
8. Gifted individual's learning outcomes improve when teachers and other personnel have appropriate training in gifted education
9. Parents and other appropriate community members have opportunities to be involved in the education of gifted individuals
10. Gifted individuals have access to counselling and vocational services
Read the full policy.