"The Northern Territory Policy for the Education of Gifted Students 2006 sets out basic principles and recommendations aimed at enhancing education of gifted students in all Northern Territory schools. It acknowledges that the success of its implementation depends on the development of partnerships between the school, the parents, the tertiary and industry sectors and the wider community.
The Northern Territory Government is committed to providing the best possible education for all students and acknowledges that all students, including those who are gifted, should engage in learning that:
• recognises their particular needs and special abilities;
• further develops their talents and potential capacity;
• assists with promoting their optimum development;
• builds upon their existing levels of learning;
• engages, inspires, motivates and challenges them.
This Policy is inclusive of all gifted students in the Northern Territory. The Territory is a multicultural society with a wide range of ethnic groups, including a large indigenous population. Giftedness is evidenced in all groups of our society, including students with disabilities."
Read the full policy and access the supporting website.